Sunday, May 7, 2017

Seattle and beyond

Back in Seattle for a couple of days - another chance for us to do some more exploring. My walkabout went from the sublime to the ridiculous.

I stumbled onto the SAM, went in and was informed that it was Senior Day.  All I had to do was admit I was old  and voila - Free Art!  Couldn't pass that up. I spent a couple of hours wandering the galleries.  As might be expected, wonderful exhibits of Pacific Northwest Native arts and crafts.

I am not a big fan of photos in Art Museums- so this is it.




Basking in the afterglow of some incredible art I continued my walk with no particular destination and came upon the ridiculous.






Seattle's famous Market Theater Gum Wall, located in Post Alley under the Pike Place Market. I had never heard of it so it was quite a surprise.  I turns out to be one of the biggest must visit places in Seattle along with the original Starbucks (which isn't the original at all- just don't tell the dozens of people waiting for their Latte at all hours of the day).


We pulled out of Bell Harbor Saturday at 10:00 am anticipating a 2:00 pm slack tide at Deception Pass. Those of you who have read earlier entries of this blog might remember I took some pics from the bridge over the Pass and said I couldn't wait to take the Knot Wafflen' under the bridge.






Well we did it! Spectacular!

For those those of you that have 3 minutes to spare (kill) here is a link to a video going under:

https://goo.gl/photos/S9a6iaub9bbnP1yr7

We are back in Anacortes for a couple of days getting ready for the send off event on Monday.

Till next time.....

2 comments:

  1. You old Bumpkin. It blows my mind what is considered àrt. But ģum on a wall¿°○■♤♧

    ReplyDelete
  2. You old Bumpkin. It blows my mind what is considered àrt. But ģum on a wall¿°○■♤♧

    ReplyDelete